Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Week in the Life 2011: Monday

Welcome everyone! This week I am following Ali Edwards (aliedwards.com) lead and doing her "Week in the Life" project. If you don't know, it's about taking 1 week out of the year in your life, and documenting it by using photos + words. I cannot believe that for my first blog I am doing this- what an adventure! Please bear with me as I am on a HUGE learning curve. Here's how yesterday began:

Good morning, Sunshine.


Unfortunately, my alarm clock is broken, so I needed take this photo of my husbands'. Guess it's time to buy a new one!

Anyway, the day started out a little untypical for us. We had a house guest, our friend Sean Neckel. He dropped by the previous night on his way home to Georgia. It was a bit of a last minute notice, only because my husband doesn't check his voice mail (ha ha). However, that's alright because it got me to clean the house and Sean is pretty good company. He left about 8:00 a.m. Monday after Ron had left for work. I asked him if he minded if I took his photo with the bike- he said he didn't mind since he didn't have a current one with this Triumph. I told him the bike was pretty- he said it needed a bath. :)

It's time for breakfast. It sure was good that morning- Grape Nuts w/ sliced, ripe, Georgia peaches. YUM! Black coffee is my beverage of choice ;-)


Morning chores: Make the bed (photo taken by Sonya), unload dishwasher, and so on..


Time to return HP Deathly Hollows pt. 1 today. Black Swan should be coming next....


It's also trash day today.....



Lunchtime with Sonya and Nicole. We all had turkey and cheese sammies with cheddar Sun Chips. Yum.

After cleaning up after lunch, time for laundry. Just one load- gotta run some errands later.


Our errands involved going to the bank first, and then Hobby Lobby where I was able to purchase my sheet protectors for this project. The girls were happy I let them pick out some stickers and a couple scrapbook papers which were on sale. Then they were ready to go home already, geesh! I couldn't find a decent binder though, so I thought I would look at Walmart. Once at Walmart the girls were fighting over who would push the cart, they kept nitpicking at each other. For heaven's sake, they are together too often, it's time for school to get back in session, ha!


Nicole was having fun playing with my camera in the car. I just let her have at it. They know I'm doing this project and they are very good about helping me with it, for the most part!



They were certainly trying my patience. I was just as ready to get out of that store and get home even sooner than they were, they just don't realize it!

Had to put away the groceries (fun, fun) and then time to make dinner. At least it was easy and yummy too-homemade pizza! The girls always love that.

After dinner Sonya and Nicole wanted to scrapbook together- yay! I always love 'scrapping' with them. Of course, I usually don't get much progress done on my pages, since I am usually helping them picking out photos, papers, and assisting them with using my tools. That's OK though, it's so much fun being a part of their process and watching them enjoy themselves. I love my girls!


Time to get the girls ready for bed. Such a slow process that is! While I am 'trying' to round them up, we get in a discussion with their daddy in the computer room. I got fortunate enough to snap a nice shot of him smiling. Rarely does he smile, and not only that he detests having his photo taken. Thank you Ronny, I appreciate it! :) Isn't he handsome!?


It's time for bed, as you can see. The clock above was made by Ronny's grandfather, Erwin Shafer. He's made probably hundreds of them. He gave this one to us- isn't it pretty?!

Good night, Sonya, I love you.. While tucking in Nicole for bed, we played Harry Potter legos for a few minutes. Then she decided she wanted to make shadows. Anything to stall bedtime..

Good night, Nicole. I love you! After getting the kiddos in bed I added to my journal then sat back and relaxed to some Harry Potter reading, Prisoner of Azkaban. Good stuff. So glad that Sonya got me interested in it. Of course, she has completed the entire series, so I am way behind her, but that's OK. I think I made it to bed by 12:30 a.m.- what a busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment