Tuesday, January 10, 2012

6 months later...

As you can see I got a little distracted from my original intent of blogging my entire "Week in the Life". I was so busy taking photos, collecting tidbits, and journaling all my days, that I did not have time to blog it. Oh well, maybe I'll add it later. I love stories, stories, stories and there are so many stories to tell!

In the meantime, we are now in 2012. WOW! 2012. Week 2,
actually. I've decided to start on another project (from Becky Higgins) called "Project Life". This will last all year long. I know it sounds daunting, but a person can make it as detailed or vague as they want. I'm gonna go for somewhere in between. The goal is to capture moments in our lives and journal them. For someone like myself, if they don't get written down, they get forgotten. I'm super excited about this project. I've got my special binders and accessories ordered and now I'm just waiting for them to arrive. In the meantime, I've already been taking photos since Jan 1st. Gotta do the journaling now and try my best to keep up and not get bogged down. Then it's not fun anymore- I don't want that! :)

For a Monday, the day started off really great. I was impressed with how smooth (busy, yes) and peaceful it was getting the girls off and ready for school. No fussing, whining and fighting at each other, making ourselves late. Woo Hoo! Not that that happens every morning, but too many times in my book.

I had my usually chores to do at home, my bedroom project being one of them. It's awful, it's pathetic, it's embarrassing. Do I really want to show the photos? We'll see. It makes me feel good though to know I've got plans, and I started today. Got 3 trash bags full of items to take the Goodwill. Yay! Then I ran to the store to pick up something for dinner (sausage to go along with the waffles and fruit sauce, yum!) and also a much needed set of drinking glasses. Thank goodness at Wally World they are inexpensive. Seriously though, how long will it take for our family to stop breaking glasses! I'm one of the guilty ones- I guess we all have butter fingers. Still have to wash the new ones and put them away.




I was fussing with Nicole tonight about homework. She wanted to do it on Sonya's desk but Sonya wasn't having that- even though she rarely uses it! Then later at bedtime she remembered she still had some reading to do and completing an assignment. Ugh- ready to pull the hair out!



Tonight ended on an exhausting note. I had to give the girls (and then myself) another (and final, hopefully) Rid treatment for lice. It is about time that these little buggers went away and died for good! We've been dealing with them on and off since October! I never want to go through this nightmare again.

Now as I'm typing this though, I have a warm beautiful kitten, Sophie, sitting on my lap. She sure has become an important part in our family. She's truly spoiled rotten! Even daddy loves her oh so much! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment